Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2009

iphone: the new way of telling someone how good you are.

I know it's probably totally normal, but does anyone else find the little message "sent from my iphone" that you get at the end of an email from someone's iphone a little unnecessary? I mean, to be honest, I don't need to know. I'll just read your email. It doesn't bother me where you sent it from. Or is it more important that you let me know you have an iphone... and that you're using it... to send me an email... when you could have used a computer...
...but you didn't use a computer... you used your iphone... because you have an iphone... which is quite expensive... probably better than the computer I'm reading this on... not like your iphone... which you own... iphone...

This message was typed from my computer.

...Cause I have a computer.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I used to think the same when seeing "sent from my blackberry" at the end of emails.

Then I noticed a pattern - such emails were usually two liners, devoid of the usual niceties, and often with typos. I began to find the "sent from my blackberry" useful.

But I can't really imagine what this is like from your point of view...

We're different, you and me.

Because I have an iphone.

Can we still be friends?

This message was sent from my 6 year old laptop computer... not a fancy white macbook kept in a red leather case.

James Pender said...

Yar, Maybe if you spent a little less money on your iphone, you could have bought yourself a new computer!

OH... and it's a PLEATHER case...

Pleather!...

Zing.

But yes, we can still be friends. It will be hard for us to hang out, you being anonymous and all.

May I call you "Bob"...or "Ruthy"?

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, Jamison-san, but has it been on more than one occasion that you've had a go at ipones/macs/pods on this blog, while owning and loving various mac-related products?

James Pender said...

Of course, but I'm not having a go at mac products!... just the culture that surrounds them... and it's all tongue in cheek.

James Pender said...

Btw, how crap are the new Macbooks?

: )

Anonymous said...

I always end my messages with "sent from my bed".