Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Late night guitar sessions by the open window

Well, on Friday I was knocked out with piglet flu, Saturday I moved house, and Sunday I flew to Dubai for a day. It was a hectic weekend but I'm back from Dubai and I'm looking forward to August - which in France is le mois des vacances.

One of the things I will miss about my old apartment, is the view it had over Boulevarde de Belleville, a bustling Parisian street lined with trees, muslim butchers, jewish bakers and bourgeois-bohemian cafes. I used to love to sit by the open window of my apartment late at night and feel the cool breeze on my face as I played my guitar. It was a great way to relax. I could sing to the street and know that they weren't really listening.

Special mention must go to the late night guitar sessions and unplanned drum lessons that I used to have with my flatmate, Jerome. His sensitive percussive accompaniments made whatever I was strumming sound 1000 times better. We would sit for hours weaving melody and beat, accompanied always by the ambient noise and intermittent murmuring of the sleeping city.

Photos courtesy of Micaela Campagna.



No comments: