Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jamison... present!

As Death Cab for Cutie once sang: "So this is the new year. But I don't feel any different."

Well, it may be a new year, but just to prove that nothing has changed too drastically, here's my new favourite Buechner quote:
"What I had not found, I could not name. And for the most part, knew only through my sense of its precious, and puzzling and haunting absence. And maybe we can never name it by its finale, true and holy name. And maybe its largely through its absence that this side of paradise, we will ever know it."
So what had he not found?

1 comment:

Tess said...

But you shouldn't ask what it is- the point is in the not-knowing.

''Try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms or like books written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything."