Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Ship Song Project

I'm probably coming to this very late, but thought I'd share it nonetheless.

Make sure you watch the first linked video first. It's a "making of" doco for The Ship Song Project, a project which saw Australia artists collaborate to rerecord Nick Cave's indie classic The Ship Song as tribute to the Sydney Opera House.

If you're not Australian, this probably won't mean anything to you. But just imagine a video full of iconic artists from your country, performing a song you grew up listening to, as a gift to a much-loved national icon you grew up visiting. As one person who commented on the video put it, "I don't know how it happened, but when the song finished I discovered I was naked." Love it.

PREVIEW - The Ship Song Project Documentary - Play - Sydney Opera House Media Portal

No comments: